Deserted medieval village, Garmondsway
  Co-Curate Page
Deserted medieval village, Garmondsway
  Co-Curate Page
Medieval Village (remains), Abberwick
- The remains of the deserted medieval village of Abberwick and located immediately West of Abberwick Farm. They include the foundations of a tower house and a section of the open field ...
Twizell (Duddo)
  Co-Curate Page
Twizell (Duddo)
- Twizell was a large estate during medievel times located by the River Till in Northumberland, in what is today the civil parish of Duddo. There is evidence of a deserted ...
Deserted Medieval Village and Chapel, Tughall
  Co-Curate Page
Deserted Medieval Village and Chapel, Tughall
- The village of Tughall was recorded as being part of the barony of Alnwick in 1242. The ruins of its 12th century chapel and its graveyard are located at the ...
Ouston, West Allen Dale
  Co-Curate Page
Ouston, West Allen Dale
- Ouston is a hamlet in West Allen Dale in Northumberland. It is within the civil parish of Plenmeller with Whitfield. There was a village at Ouston, first recorded in 1279, but it ...
Plashetts
  Co-Curate Page
Plashetts
- Plashetts was a village in Northumberland, located roughly 4 miles north-west of Falstone. There was farm here and possibly a deserted medieval settlement. Then in the 1850s Plashetts Colliery was opened ...
Tursdale House Farm
  Co-Curate Page
Tursdale House Farm
- Overview Map Tursdale House, was the manor house of the medieval village of Tursdale in the 12th century.[1] The current building at Tursdale House Farm dates from the 17th century, with ...
Buteland
  Co-Curate Page
Buteland
- Buteland is a hamlet in Northumberland located just under a mile south-east of Redesmouth. There are earthwork remains of a deserted medieval village here.[1] Buteland, along with Broomhope, formed a ...
Healey Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Healey Hall
- Overview Map / Aerial View Healey Hall is located by Healey Burn, about half a mile south of the village of Healey in Northumberland. Healey Hall was built by Robert ...
Coldmartin
  Co-Curate Page
Coldmartin
- Coldmartin is located south-east of Wooler in Northumberland. It is the site of a Medieval deserted village.[1] Today in the area, there are hamlets at Coldmartin (NU00562717), Coldmarin Croft Farm ...
Pawston
  Co-Curate Page
Pawston
- Overview Map Street View Pawston is a hamlet in Northumberland. Pawston incorporates the site of the deserted medieval village of Thornington, which was first recorded in 1296.[1] To the south-west ...
Twizell (Whalton)
  Co-Curate Page
Twizell (Whalton)
- Overview Map Street View Twizell and Twizell Cottages are hamlets in the Civil Parish of Whalton in Northumberland. Twizell Cottages are located about 3½ miles north of Ponteland and 5 ...
Shilvington
  Co-Curate Page
Shilvington
- Overview Map Street View Shilvington is a hamlet in Northumberland, located by Shilvington Burn. This was the site of a larger village in medieval times; the remains of which are ...
East Thickley
  Co-Curate Page
East Thickley
- Overview Map East Thickley is on the eastern edge of Shildon in County Durham. There is a farm and former quarry here. The farm is the site of a deserted ...
West Thickley
  Co-Curate Page
West Thickley
- Overview Map Street View Low West Thickley and High West Thickley are farms in County Durham, located off Brusselton Lane, to the south-west of Shildon. The earthwork remains of the ...
Houghton
  Co-Curate Page
Houghton
- Overview Map Street View Houghton is a hamlet in Northumberland, located a short distance west of Heddon on the Wall. The settlement includes two farms, the Houghton Country  equestrian centre and ...
Rokeby
  Co-Curate Page
Rokeby
- Today Rokeby is a civil parish near Barnard Castle, County Durham, in Teesdale, close to the boundary with North Yorkshire. The A66, one of the main roads across the north Pennines, ...
Farnham
  Co-Curate Page
Farnham
- Overview Map Street View The hamlets of Low Farnham and High Farnham are situated by the River Coquet, located about 5 miles west of Rothbury in Northumberland. Low Farnham is ...
Wreighill
  Co-Curate Page
Wreighill
- Overview Map Wreighill Farm is located by Wreighill Pike (hill), about 1 mile north of the village of Hepple and 5 miles west of Rothbury in Northumberland. There was once ...
High Fotherley
  Co-Curate Page
High Fotherley
- Overview Map High Fotherley is a farmstead/hamlet in the south of Northumberland, located about 6½ miles south-east of Hexham and 2½ miles south of Riding Mill. The medieval village of ...
Wooperton
  Co-Curate Page
Wooperton
- Overview Map Street View Wooperton is a hamlet in Northumberland, located about 5 miles south of Wooler. Wooperton is located off the A697 road between Roseden and Powburn. There is a farm, Wooperton ...
Higham Dykes
  Co-Curate Page
Higham Dykes
- Overview Map Higham Dykes is a hamlet in Northumberland, located just off the A696 road, about 2½ miles north-west of Ponteland. The large county house of Higham Dykes dates from ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES