Ouston, West Allen Dale
Ouston is a hamlet in West Allen Dale in Northumberland. It is within the civil parish of Plenmeller with Whitfield. There was a village at Ouston, first recorded in 1279, but it had shrunk by the 18th century and was later deserted. Ouston House, a former farm house here, was built in the mid-18th century, possibly on the site of the deserted Medieval village. There is a mid-19th century lime kiln near the house, utilising limestone from a nearby quarry and coal, which was mined locally.