Topics > Northumberland > Warenton

Warenton


Warenton is a hamlet in Northumberland, located about 2 miles south of Belford. It is situated to the south of Mousen Burn as it flows through Warenton Dean. A medieval village was documented at Warenton from the 13th to early 19th centuries.[1] The modern settlement includes a farm and a few cottages. An old steam-powered mill has now been converted into a holiday let. Historically, Warenton was a township in the ancient parish of Bamburgh. Today, Warenton forms part of Belford with Middleton Civil Parish.

Northumberland Belford with Middleton Civil Parish Deserted Medieval Village Warenton Township, 1848
from Geograph (geograph)
The Mill, Warenton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Houses at Warenton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Warenton village

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Entering Warenton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://keystothepast.info/...
Warenton Deserted Village
- "Warenton is now only a single farm, but it was once a medieval village. It was recorded in historical texts from the 13th to early 19th centuries,..."

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES