1876


< 1875 | 1876 | 1877 >

In Northern England:

from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
052628:The Side Newcastle upon Tyne Unknown 1876

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
003371:Redheugh Bridge Newcastle upon Tyne Holmes J. H. 1876

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
003643:Nursery Cottage British Workman Scotswood Road Holmes John H. about 1876

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
715655:Swing Bridge Newcastle upon Tyne Unknown Undated

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Newcastle Swing Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
Newcastle Swing Bridge
- Overview Further Information Map Street View The Swing Bridge over the River Tyne was first used for road traffic on 15th June 1876 and opened for river traffic on 17th ...
from http://picturesofgateshead....
Saltwell Park
- From 'Pictures of Gateshead and the Surrounding Area' by Andy Williamson. The images may be used for non-commercial purposes, subject to acknowledging the source; see: http://picturesofgateshead.co.uk

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Newbrough Town Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
  Co-Curate Page
William Wailes (1808 - 1876)
- Overview About William Wailes William Wailes was a renowned stained glass manufacturer. He built his home,&nbsp;Saltwell Towers in Gateshead in 1862. William Wailes, (1808&ndash;1881), was the proprietor of one of ...
South Shields Museum & Art Gallery
  Co-Curate Page
South Shields Museum & Art Gallery
- About the Museum Map Street View "The museum is spread over two floors telling the story of the borough's social, industrial and maritime history from 4,000 years ago to the ...
Church of St Helen, Low Fell
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Helen, Low Fell
- Overview Map Street View "The Parish of Saint Helen owes its existence to the large population explosion experienced by industrial centres of the nineteenth century. Until then Low Fell had ...
Brigham & Cowan, shipyard (1876-1982)
  Co-Curate Page
Brigham & Cowan, shipyard (1876-1982)
- Brigham &amp; Cowan was established in 1876 by Thomas Brigham and Malcolm Cowan. The company's ship repair business had 3 drydocks at South Shields. Brigham &amp; Cowan Ltd became part ...
Buddle Arts Centre, Wallsend
  Co-Curate Page
Buddle Arts Centre, Wallsend
- Overview Map Street View Buddle Arts Centre is located on Station Road in Wallsend. The building was originally Buddle School or Wallsend Board Schools (for juniors and infants), completed in&nbsp;1876&nbsp;and ...
United Reformed Church, Blyth
  Co-Curate Page
United Reformed Church, Blyth
- Overview Map Street View The URC Church on Waterloo Road in Blyth was built in 1876. It is a Grade II listed building. The congregation of Blyth URC worship at ...
Watch House Museum, Seaton Sluice
  Co-Curate Page
Watch House Museum, Seaton Sluice
- Overview Map Street View The Watch House on Rocky Island in Seaton Sluice was opened on 14th January 1880, built for the Seaton Sluice Volunteer Life-Saving Company which was founded ...
  Co-Curate Page
Middlesbrough FC
- Overview History Middlesbrough Football Club was formed in 1876. In 1903, the club moved to Ayresome Park, their home for the next 92 years until they moved to the Riverside ...
Church of St John the Baptist, Alnmouth
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St John the Baptist, Alnmouth
- Overview About St John's Map Street View The Church of St John the Baptist on Northumberland Street in Alnmouth was consecrated on 6th November 1876. Shortly after this Alnmouth became ...
Church of St Peter, Wolviston
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Peter, Wolviston
- Overview Map Street View St Peter's Church in Wolviston was built in 1876 by Austin, Johnson and Hicks. It was designed in the early English style, built with red brick ...
Church of St John the Evangelist, Longhirst
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St John the Evangelist, Longhirst
- Overview Map Street View The Church of St John the Evangelist in Longhirst was designed by Sir Arthur Blomfield and built in 1876. It was commissioned and paid for by ...
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
Plan of Pandon area of Newcastle, 1876

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Denwich Chapel
  Co-Curate Page
Denwich Chapel
- The church in Denwick was built as a chapel of ease for&nbsp;St Michael's Church in Alnwick.&nbsp;The foundation stone of the chapel was laid by Mrs Lisle of Alnwick on 10th ...
West Park, Jarrow
  Co-Curate Page
West Park, Jarrow
- West Park was donated to the people of Jarrow by Sir Walter and Lady Northbourne James in 1876.[1] &nbsp;Sir Walter James, first Lord Northbourne (1816-1893) was a Liberal MP for ...
Appleby Station
  Co-Curate Page
Appleby Station
- Overview About Appleby Station Map Street View Appleby Railway Station was opened in May 1876 (then called Appleby West) by the Midland Railway as part of the Settle-Carlisle line. The ...
Hagg Bank Bridge, Wylam
  Co-Curate Page
Hagg Bank Bridge, Wylam
- Overview About West Wylam Bridge Map West Wylam Bridge (also known as Hagg Bank Bridge and Points Bridge) is a footbridge over the River Tyne to the south-west of Wylam. ...
North Wylam Railway Station
  Co-Curate Page
North Wylam Railway Station
- North Wylam Railway Station opened on the 13th of May 1876 as part of the&nbsp;Scotswood, Newburn &amp; Wylam Railway, operated by the North Eastern Railway. It was located in Wylam, ...
  Co-Curate Page
Millom Infant School
- Overview Map Street View Millom Infant School is located on&nbsp;Lapstone Road in Millom. The school has about 100 pupils from ages 4 to 7. Millom Infant School opened in 1970.&nbsp;The ...
Tweed Dock
  Co-Curate Page
Tweed Dock
- Construction of the Tweed Dock commenced in 1873. It was officially opened in October 1876.&nbsp;A railway line from Tweed Dock to Tweedmouth Station was opened on the 16th of October ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES