from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
003876:The River Tyne at Scotswood 1875

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
009086:Windmill Hills Gateshead unknown 1875

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
001127:Bensham Cottage Gateshead unknown 1875

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Saltwell Towers
  Co-Curate Page
Saltwell Towers
- Saltwell Towers was built in 1862 by William Wailes a renound stained glass manufacturer. The Victorian mansion was bulit in a Gothic Revivalist style and is now the Saltwell Park Visitors Centre ...
Mission Free Church
  Co-Curate Page
Mission Free Church
- Longhorsley Mission s an independent Evangelical church in Longhorsley which was founded in 1875. Until the new purpose-built building on Drummonds Close, the Mission was housed in temporary accommodation.
  Co-Curate Page
Tynemouth Amateur Swimming Club
- Officially instituted on the 10th August 1875.
Church of St. Cuthbert, Ormesby
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St. Cuthbert, Ormesby
- Overview Map Street View St. Cuthbert's is the parish church in Ormesby, Middlesbrough. The church was largely rebuilt in 1875 by Hicks and Charlewood, but incorporates masonry from an earlier ...
Trinity Methodist Church
  Co-Curate Page
Trinity Methodist Church
- Overview Map Street View  
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
032803:HMS Wellseley C.1875

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Former Church of St John the Baptist, Hamsteels
  Co-Curate Page
Former Church of St John the Baptist, Hamsteels
- Overview Map Street View Former Parish Church of St John the Baptist - now a private dwelling. The church was built in 1875 and located next to the former school‐house ...
Bandstand, Exhibition Park
  Co-Curate Page
Bandstand, Exhibition Park
- Overview Map Street View The octagonal bandstand in Exhibition Park, Newcastle, was built c.1875. The bandstand was renovated as part of a wider restoration scheme for Exhibition Park in 2015. ...
Haltwhistle Tyne Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
Haltwhistle Tyne Bridge
- Overview Map Street View The pedestrian bridge (a former road bridge) over the River South Tyne at Haltwhistle was built in 1875. It was constructed with wrought-iron arches and cast-iron ...
Sailors Bethel, Horatio Street
  Co-Curate Page
Sailors Bethel, Horatio Street
- Overview Map Street View This former seamen's non-conformist chapel was built in 1875 by Thomas Oliver. It is located on Horatio Street, by the junction with City Road in Newcastle. ...
Annfield Plain Junior School
  Co-Curate Page
Annfield Plain Junior School
- Overview Map Street View The junior school in Annfield Plain is located on Front Street. It is a community school with about 140 pupils aged 7 to 11.[1] The school was ...
Village Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Village Hall
- Overview Map Street View The Village Hall in Barningham, County Durham, overlooks the village green. The building used to be the village school, built c.1875, and inscribed "ERECTED BY THE FAMILY ...
Lighthouse
  Co-Curate Page
Lighthouse
- Overview About Rampside Lighthouse Map Street View The lighthouse on the foreshore at Rampside was built in 1875. It was number 4 of 13 leading light navigation beacons built in ...
Trinity House Pilot Houses, Piel Island
  Co-Curate Page
Trinity House Pilot Houses, Piel Island
- Overview Map Street View 1875
Devonshire Buildings, Barrow Island
  Co-Curate Page
Devonshire Buildings, Barrow Island
- Overview Map Street View The Devonshire Buildings are two imposing sandstone tenement blocks located on Michaelson Road on Barrow Island. They were originally built in c.1875 to house workers at ...
Smardale Viaduct
  Co-Curate Page
Smardale Viaduct
- Smardale Viaduct was built from 1870 to 1875 to carry the Settle to Carlisle railway line over the steep sided valley of Scandal Beck. It built by the Midland Railway ...
Statue of the Earl of Mayo
  Co-Curate Page
Statue of the Earl of Mayo
- The statue is a prominent landmark on Main Street in Cockermouth. It is a white stone statue of the sixth Earl of Mayo, who was MP for Cockermouth from 1857 ...
Statue of Statue of Joseph Pease
  Co-Curate Page
Statue of Statue of Joseph Pease
- Overview Map Street View The statue of Joseph Pease (1799 - 1872) is located at the east end of Prospect Place in Darlington, at the junction with Prebend Row, High ...
Nateby Methodist Church
  Co-Curate Page
Nateby Methodist Church
- Overview Map Street View A Congregational chapel was built in Nateby in 1875. It remains in use as Nateby Methodist Church.[1] The church is part of the Kirkby Stephen, Appleby and ...
Old School, Keenley
  Co-Curate Page
Old School, Keenley
- Overview Map Street View The school at Keenley Crossroads was built in 1875. It is now a private residence. The old school in Keenley is Grade II listed on the ...
Artengill Viaduct
  Co-Curate Page
Artengill Viaduct
- Overview Map Street View Artengill Viaduct (aka Arten Gill Viaduct) carries the Settle and Carisle Railway line over the valley of Artengill Beck (stream). It is located to the north ...
  Co-Curate Page
Church of the Holy Trinity, Winster
- Overview Map Street View  
  Co-Curate Page
Former Caldbeck Board School
- The old school house in Branthwaite, now a private residence, was built in 1875 by Caldbeck School Board.
Dandrymire Viaduct
  Co-Curate Page
Dandrymire Viaduct
- Overview History Map Street View Dandrymire Viaduct carries the Settle and Carlisle Railway line over Dandry Mire, a short distance north-east of Garsdale Station. The coursed sandstone viaduct is about ...
  Co-Curate Page
Railway Bridge, Garsdale Head
- Overview Map Street View This railway bridge carries the Settle and Carlisle Railway over Hawes Road (A684) near Garsdale Head in Cumbria, very close to the county boundary with North ...
  Co-Curate Page
Kirkby Thore School
- Overview Map Street View Kirkby Thore School is a community primary school located near the junction of Priest Lane and Cross Street in the village of Kirkby Thore. The school ...
Crosby Garrett Viaduct
  Co-Curate Page
Crosby Garrett Viaduct
- Overview Map Street View Crosby Garrett Viaduct was built in 1875 by J. S Crossley (Engineer) for the Midland Railway, as part of the Settle and Carlisle line. Located at the ...
Little Salkeld Viaduct
  Co-Curate Page
Little Salkeld Viaduct
- Overview Map Street View This railway viaduct, located about half mile south of Little Salkeld, was built for the Midland Railway in 1875. The viaduct has 7 arches and carries ...
  Co-Curate Page
Ormside Viaduct
- Overview Map Ormside Viaduct carries the Settle and Carlisle Railway over the River Eden, about ½ mile north-west of Great Ormsby. The viaduct was built from 1870 to 1875.

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES