Old Stainton School
Stainton Board Schools (separate boys and girls schools within the building) was constructed in 1876 by the Stainton, Thornton and Maltby School Board. It replaced the smaller national school of 1844 which was located on the other side of Meldyke Square (now the Village Hall). The school was later renamed Stainton County Primary School. The school closed in 1971 following the opening of the larger Viewley Hill School in Hemlington. The old school building in Stainton is on the borough's Local List for buildings of historical interest.