Denwich Chapel


The church in Denwick was built as a chapel of ease for St Michael's Church in Alnwick. The foundation stone of the chapel was laid by Mrs Lisle of Alnwick on 10th February 1876. It was built by Robertson and Sons of Alnwick, and designed by George Reavell, an architect at Alnwick Castle.[1]

from Geograph (geograph)
Denwick Chapel

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Denwick Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.alnwickanglican....
Denwick Chapel
- "The village of Denwick is about 1.4 miles north-east of Alnwick, and was planned and built by the Duke of Northumberland in the 19th century as part of his ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Denwick Chapel

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Denwick Chapel

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.alnwickanglican....
Opening of Denwick Church
- PDF [The following is an Extract from the Alnwick Mercury dated 25th November 1876 giving a detailed account of the opening Ceremony]...."“On Tuesday last, the Hamlet Church which has ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES