Topics > Tyne and Wear > North Tyneside > Willington, North Tyneside > Church of St Mary The Virgin, Willington

Church of St Mary The Virgin, Willington


The Church of St Mary the Virgin is located on Churchill Street in Willington was built in 1876 by Austin and Johnson. The parish church is a Grade II listed building on the National Heritage List for England.

Willington, North Tyneside 1876 Churches and Cathedrals Historic Buildings and Monuments in North Tyneside
from Geograph (geograph)
The Church of St Mary The Virgin, Willington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Mary the Virgin

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Church of Saint Mary the Virgin, Howdon

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST MARY - Willington - List Entry
- "Parish church. 1876 by Austin and Johnson. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar plinth, quoins and dressings; Welsh slate roof with stone gable copings. Nave and south porch; chancel with north ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1355038
List grade: 2
Borough: North Tyneside
Grid ref: NZ3178367718

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES