West Park, Jarrow


West Park was donated to the people of Jarrow by Sir Walter and Lady Northbourne James in 1876.[1]  Sir Walter James, first Lord Northbourne (1816-1893) was a Liberal MP for Gateshead. Lady Northbourne James was the daughter of Cuthbert Ellison, of Hebburn, in 1841. The entrance on Sussex Street and the former park-keeper's house are Grade II listed buildings.  
from Geograph (geograph)
West Park, Jarrow

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Bandstand West Park, Jarrow

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Edward VII postbox, South View

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Youtube (youtube)
Friends of west park jarrow

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.southtyneside.g...
West Park, Jarrow
- Details of the park and its facilities.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
West Park, Jarrow

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
West Park in Jarrow

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
West Park

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES