Village Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Village Hall
- Overview Map Street View The Village Hall in Barningham, County Durham, overlooks the village green. The building used to be the village school, built c.1875, and inscribed "ERECTED BY THE FAMILY ...
South Benwell School (1893 - 1980)
  Co-Curate Page
South Benwell School (1893 - 1980)
- South Benwell School was located near the bottom of Atkinson Road in Benwell and opened in 1893. By the early 20th century the school had over 1,000 pupils (age 5 ...
Old School House, Hartburn
  Co-Curate Page
Old School House, Hartburn
- Overview Map Street View The Old School House in Hartburn was built in 1762 by Dr. John Sharpe, vicar of Hartburn. It was also used as the 'Parish Stable' (hearse house).[1] Now ...
from http://www.twsitelines.info...
Tyne and Wear HER(9259): Benwell, West Road, Pendower Open-Air School
- "Open-air school 1925. Rendered brick on north and west; full-width folding glazed doors on other walls; slate roofs. Main L-plan block and 3 pavilions stepping forward from south arm. Hall ...

Added by
Pat Thomson
Hawkshead Grammar School - Museum
  Co-Curate Page
Hawkshead Grammar School - Museum
- Overview Map Street View Hawkshead Grammar School was founded in 1585 by the then Archbishop of York, Edwin Sandys (originally of Esthwaite Hall, near Hawkshead). The current building dates from 1675, when ...
Former Ravenstonedale Primary School
  Co-Curate Page
Former Ravenstonedale Primary School
- Ravenstonedale Primary School closed in 2015. It was a voluntary controlled school, teaching children aged 4 to 11. However, by 2014 pupil numbers had fallen to about 13 and the ...
Rutter's School School House
  Co-Curate Page
Rutter's School School House
- Thomas Rutter, the parish clerk, ran a school in Longbenton in the late 18th and early 19th century. The school was located off Front Street on the site now occupied by ...
Former Melmerby School  (1862 - 1974)
  Co-Curate Page
Former Melmerby School (1862 - 1974)
- The former school by the village green at Memberly was built in 1862, replacing an earlier school of 1831. "There is an endowed school with an annuity of £30, the ...
Old Stainton School
  Co-Curate Page
Old Stainton School
- Overview Map Street View Stainton Board Schools (separate boys and girls schools within the building) was constructed in 1876 by the Stainton, Thornton and Maltby School Board. It replaced the ...
Netherton Northside First School
  Co-Curate Page
Netherton Northside First School
- Overview Map Street View Netherton Northside First School was a small primary school in Netherton, Northumberland. With declining numbers of children in the area, the school had less than 10 pupils ...
Old School
  Co-Curate Page
Old School
- The former school in Tallentire was built in 1863 by William Browne. The school closed during Second World War, when it was used as a hostel for the Land Army.[1] It was ...
Acklington First School (1853 - 2018)
  Co-Curate Page
Acklington First School (1853 - 2018)
- Overview Map Street View A National School was established in Acklington in 1853. This went on to be Acklington Church of England First School. The school was closed on the ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES