Topics > Cumbria > Langrigg (Brough) > Old School, Langrigg (Brough)

Old School, Langrigg (Brough)


An endowed school was established before 1778, located on the common near Langrigg, to the north of Great Musgrave. The school was rebuilt after new endowment by Rev. Septimus Collinson, provost of Queen’s College, Oxford, in 1828.[1] The school closed in the late 20th century and has been coverted for residential use. The old school is a Grade II listed building on the National Heritage List for England.

Langrigg (Brough) Great Musgrave 1828 Former Schools
from Geograph (geograph)
School House

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Old School

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
School - Lanrigg, Musgrove - List Entry
- "House with attached schoolroom, built at right-angles to road. Dated 1828 on plaque to eastern gable end. Coursed, squared rubble with quoins. 2 storey, 3 bay (symmetrical) house has graduated ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES