Topics > Cumbria > King's Meaburn > Old School, King's Meaburn

Old School, King's Meaburn

The former village school in King's Meaburn was built having been endowmed with £200 by subscription, in 1831. The school was enlarged in 1907 but eventually closed in 1983. It is now converted for residential use. The former school is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

King's Meaburn 1831 Former School Historic Buildings and Monuments in King's Meaburn Civil Parish
from Geograph (geograph)
The former village school, King's Meaburn

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Stone inscription, old school, King's Meaburn

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
SCHOOL - Kings Meaburn - List Entry
- School, dated 1831 with later extension to south. Coursed, squared rubble with quoins. Graduated slate roofs; original building has stone chimney to north end and small bellcote to south. Single …

Added by
Simon Cotterill


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.