Topics > Cumbria > Winster > Old Schoolhouse, Winster

Old Schoolhouse, Winster


The old school, located by Holy Trinity Church in Winster, Cumbria, was built in 1849. The school closed in c.1958, and the building subsequently converted for residential use. CCHT note that a schoolmaster in Winster was licensed in 1691.[1]

Winster 1849 Former Schools Historic Buildings and Monuments in Crook Civil Parish, Cumbria
from Geograph (geograph)
The Old Schoolhouse, Winster, Cumbria

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Old Schoolhouse, Winster

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
WINSTER SCHOOL - List Entry
- "School dated AD 1849 on lintel over entrance. Limewashed rubble walls with stone quoins, graduated greenslate roof with stone ridge tiles; roughcast rendered chimney on right hand gable. Single storey ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1212929
List grade: 2
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: SD4171993053

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES