List number: 1042077
List grade: 2*
Post code: NE61 4JB
Grid ref: NZ0887986197

Old School House, Hartburn


The Old School House in Hartburn was built in 1762 by Dr. John Sharpe, vicar of Hartburn. It was also used as the 'Parish Stable' (hearse house).[1] Now a private residence. The building is Grade II* listed.

from Geograph (geograph)
Tower House, Hartburn

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Tower House, Hartburn

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Hartburn School and schoolmasters house beyond

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
OLD SCHOOLHOUSE - Hartburn - List Entry
- "Schoolhouse and 'Parish Stable' (hearse house), 1762 by Dr. John Sharpe, vicar of Hartburn. Coursed rubble and dressings except for tooled squared stone on west return; slate roof. Gothick style ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES