1867


Next year

In North East England: 

from Sunderland Public Libraries (flickr)
West Hendon House 1867

source Pinned by
Simon Cotterill
from Sunderland Public Libraries (flickr)
Calais -1867 Moat

source Pinned by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Central Arcade

source Pinned by
Simon Cotterill
from Sunderland Public Libraries (flickr)
West-Hendon House 1867

source Pinned by
Simon Cotterill
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Tyne Theatre
- "Theatre and opera house, later cinema; now theatre. 1867 by W.B. Parnell for Cowan. Bought by Oswald Stoll and opened as cinema in 1919. Italianate front of three storeys, five ...
from TWAM (flickr)
Elizabeth Rule

source Pinned by
Lucy (Year 4)
from Flickr (flickr)
Hamsterley Viaduct

source Pinned by
Lucy (Year 4)
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Rocket Garage (Life Brigade House)
from http://www.geograph.org.uk/...
Life Brigade House (Rocket Garage), Cullercoats
- "Cullercoats Volunteer Life Brigade [CVLB] was formed on the 8th December 1864. This building (now housing the Rocket Garage) carries the inscription "Life Brigade House" and the date 1867." Photo ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Grey Towers
- Overview Map Street View Grey Towers is a large country house built 1865-1867 for William Hopkins, ironmaster and Mayor of Middlesbrough. It is faced with whinstone, which is unusual compared ...
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Stoll Cinema, Westgate Road
- "Theatre and opera house, later cinema; now theatre. 1867 by W.B. Parnell for Cowan. Bought by Oswald Stoll and opened as cinema in 1919. Italianate front of three storeys, five ...
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Leamside Chapel
- Overview Map Street View The former Primitive Methodist Chapel on Station Road in Leamside was built in 1867. The Chapel closed in 1973 and later sold for use by the scouting ...
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Church of St. Cuthbert, East Rainton
- Overview Map Street View The Church of St. Cuthbert on Quary House Lane in East Rainton was built 1866-1867 and designed by C.H. Fowler. The south chancel window in the ...
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Church of St Mark, Marske-by-the-Sea
- Overview Map Street View St Mark's is the parish church in Marske-by-the-Sea. It was built in 1866-1867 by FP Cockerell in a Gothic Revival style. The church is a Grade ...
  from Simon Cotterill (Co-Curate Page)
Hamsteels Colliery (1867 - 1958)
- Hamsteels Colliery and Coke Ovens, between Quebec and Esh Winning in County Durham. The colliery was founded in 1867 by Messrs. R. S. Johnson and T. M. Reay. By 1986 there were ...
  from Pat Thomson (Co-Curate Page)
Former Lintz Green Railway Station
- The former station at Lintz Green on the Derwent Valley Railway Branch of the North Eastern Railway. The line opened on the 2nd December, 1867, and closed to passengers on ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. You can login with Twitter, Google, Co-Curate or Newcastle University accounts.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES