from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
009004:Grainger Street Newcastle upon Tyne Unknown 1868

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://books.google.co.uk/b...
The Bewick Collector: A Supplement to a Descriptive Catalogue of the Works of Thomas and John Bewick. By Thomas Hugo, 1868
- Consisting of Additions to the Various Divisions of Cuts, Wood Blocks, Etc. Digitised version of the book available as a free Google eBook.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
044723:No Title available

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Albert Park
  Co-Curate Page
Albert Park
- Summary About Albert Park Map "A public park designed by William Barratt of Wakefield and opened 11th August 1868, with war memorial entrance screen walls and a cenotaph of 1922...The idea ...
from Flickr (flickr)
Central Fountain

Pinned by Lucy (Year 4)
from Flickr (flickr)
Stone carving of the Seal of the Middlesbrough Exchange Company Limited.

Pinned by Lucy (Year 4)
Church of St. Barnabas
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St. Barnabas
- Overview Map Street View St Barnabas is the parish church of Bournmoor in County Durham, built in 1868. It is a Grade 2 Listed building. The church houses 'The Angel ...
James Renforth (1842 - 1871)
  Co-Curate Page
James Renforth (1842 - 1871)
- Overview About James Renforth James Renforth was a famous Tyneside oarsman who became World Sculling Champion in 1868. He was born on 7th April 1842 in Newcastle, and spent most ...
St Andrew's Church, Crook
  Co-Curate Page
St Andrew's Church, Crook
- St Andrew's, Crook, Methodist / United Reformed Church is located on Dawson Street in Crook, County Durham. The Church, formerly Crook Central Methodist Church, built in 1868, is a Grade ...
Land of Green Ginger
  Co-Curate Page
Land of Green Ginger
- Overview Map Street View The former Congregational Church on Front Street in Tynemouth was built in 1868 by Thomas Oliver. The adjoining Church Hall was built in 1886.[1] In the ...
Church of St Stephen, Low Elswick
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Stephen, Low Elswick
- Overview About St Stephen's Church Map Street View St Stephen's Church on Brunel Terrace in Low Elswick was designed by R J Johnson and the building was completed in 1868.[1] The ...
Lune Railway Viaduct
  Co-Curate Page
Lune Railway Viaduct
- Overview Map Street View Disused railway viaduct over the River Lune, built in 1868 for the Tees Valley Railway Company. The viaduct is Grade II listed.
Cornsay Colliery (colliery)
  Co-Curate Page
Cornsay Colliery (colliery)
- The colliery opened in 1868 and consisted of a number of drift mines: Chapelflat Drift, Colpike Drift, Ford Drift, High Drift, and Low Drift. The drift mines ran sideways into ...
Christ Church
  Co-Curate Page
Christ Church
Ryhope Engines Museum
  Co-Curate Page
Ryhope Engines Museum
- Overview About Ryhope Engines Museum Map Street View Ryhope Pumping Station was built in 1868 for the Sunderland & South Shields Water Company, to supply water to the Sunderland area. The ...
Church of St Nicholas
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Nicholas
- Overview Map Street View St Nicholas' is the parish church of Cramlington.It was built in 1868 by Austin and Johnson, adapted from earlier design by John Dobson.[1] The church is ...
Duchess's Footbridge
  Co-Curate Page
Duchess's Footbridge
Friends' Meeting House
  Co-Curate Page
Friends' Meeting House
- Overview Map Street View The Friends' Meeting House in Wooley Burnfoot, Allendale is oldest Quaker Meeting House in Northumberland still in regular use. A Meeting House was first built here in 1688, replaced ...
Former Mount Road School
  Co-Curate Page
Former Mount Road School
- The former Tweedmouth National Schools on Mount Road was built in 1868, replacing an earlier school on the site.[1] The original school was established by Rev. John Leach, perpetual curate of ...
Church of St Paul, Pooley Bridge
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Paul, Pooley Bridge
- Designed by Cory and Ferguson in 1868.
Old Church of St John, Gamblesby
  Co-Curate Page
Old Church of St John, Gamblesby
- Overview About Old St John's Church Map Street View St John's Church in Gamblesby was built in 1868, designed in the 'Gothic Revival' style by C.J. Ferguson. It was originally built as ...
Church of St Paul, Frizington
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Paul, Frizington
- Overview Map Street View St Paul’s Church, located on Church Street in Frizington, was consecrated in 1868. The Early English style church is built of red sandstone from Crosslacon quarry. ...
Church of Holy Saviour, Milbourne
  Co-Curate Page
Church of Holy Saviour, Milbourne
- Overview Map Street View Holy Saviour Church in Milbourne, Northumberland, was built as a Chapel of Ease to the mother church of St Mary's in Ponteland. Building begain in 1867 ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES