Topics > County Durham > Castleside > Church of St John the Evangelist, Castleside

Church of St John the Evangelist, Castleside


St. John's Church is located by the junction of Church Street and Front Street in Castleside. It was designed by Mr. Ewan Christian, based on a church he had seen in Switzerland.[1] The church was consecrated in 1867.

Castleside Churches and Cathedrals 1867
from Geograph (geograph)
St John the Evangelist Church, Castleside

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
View of Castleside Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of St John the Evangelist

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Church of St John The Evangelist, Castleside

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
St. John's Church, Castleside
- "Consecrated in 1867, St. John's Church first appears on the second edition Ordnance Survey map of 1894-1899 at the junction of Church Street and Front Street. Built of local ...

Added by
Peter Smith

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



County: County Durham
Keys to the Past HER: D48948
Post code: DH8 9QW
Grid ref: NZ077487

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES