Topics > County Durham > Cornforth > Holy Trinity Church, Cornforth

Holy Trinity Church, Cornforth


Holy Trinity is the parish church in Cornforth, located to the west side of the village green. The church was designed by J.P. Pritchett, built in 1867 for Cornforth being made an independent parish (up to 1868, most of Cornforth was part of the parish of Bishop Middleham, and part in the parish of Kelloe). Holy Trinity Church is a Grade II listed building; the walls, gates and railings are also Grade II listed.

Cornforth Churches and Cathedrals 1867
from Geograph (geograph)
Cornforth Village Green and Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.facebook.com/Ho...
Holy Trinity Church Cornforth

Added by
Peter Smith
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY - Cornforth - List Entry
- "Parish church, 1867 by J.P. Pritchett. Polychrome brick with ashlar dressings; blue and green slate roof with stone gable copings. Nave with south porch; chancel with north vestry. Early ...

Added by
Peter Smith
from https://historicengland.org...
WALLS, PIERS, GATES AND RAILINGS EAST OF CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY - Cornforth - List Entry
- "Walls, piers, gates and railings along west side of churchyard. Probably 1867 by J.P. Pritchett. English garden wall bond brick walls and piers with sandstone ashlar dressings and copings ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES