Church of St James, Hayton, Cumbria
St James' Church is located on the south side of the Village Green in Hayton, in the Allerdale district of Cumbria. Building of the church began in 1865 on land donated by Mr Blackburn of Hayton Castle The church was consecrated on the 5th of November 1867 by Bishop Waldergrave. Prior to then, the Parish Church was St. Kentigern's In Aspatria. There had also been a domestic chapel at Hayton Castle, repaired 1719, but no longer extant.