In Northern England:
- 1906: Central Arcade built, designed by Oswald and Son, of Newcastle.
- 1906: Handyside Arcade on Percy Street built by by George Handyside.
- 22nd June 1906; opening of Whitley Council South School (now Rockcliffe First School)
- 11th July 1906: King Edward VII opens the new Royal Victoria Infirmary
- 23rd July 1906: Gertrude Bell cuts ceremonial sod to start the sinking of Bowburn Colliery.
- 20th September 1906: lauch of the ocean liner Mauretania built by Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson Ltd in Wallsend.
- 14th October 1906; an explosion at Wingate Grange Colliery led to the deaths of 26 miners.