Blucher Methodist Church


Blucher Methodist Church is located on Blucher Colliery Road in the village of Blucher in Newcastle. The church was built in 1906, at that time named the Stephenson Memorial Wesleyan Church, in dedication to George Stephenson (1781-1848).

from Geograph (geograph)
Blucher Methodist Church, Blucher Colliery Road (detail)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
035071:Blucher Methodist Church Blucher Unknown 1977

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Blucher Methodist Church, Blucher Colliery Road

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Blucher Methodist Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.twsitelines.info...
Tyne and Wear HER(14538): Blucher, Stephenson Memorial Methodist Church (Wesleyan)
- "Built 1906. Red brick with ashlar dressings. Simple Gothic gable-fronted church with lancet windows and attached hall to north. In 2003 the hall was extended."

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.newcastle-west-m...
Newcastle West Methodist Circuit - Blucher Methodist Church

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
BU00620

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
BU00447

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
BU00448

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES