Topics > Northumberland > Bedlington Station > Church of St John, Bedlington Station

Church of St John, Bedlington Station


St. John’s Church, Sleekburn, was built in 1906 for the expanding mining community in the area to become known as Bedlington Station. The red brick building includes a vicarage and church hall. The church was built with funds donated by the philanthropist Miss Emily Easton.[1]

Bedlington Station 1906 Churches and Cathedrals
from Geograph (geograph)
St John's Church, Bedlington Station

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
The Parish Church of St John, Sleekburn

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
St John's Church, Bedlington Station

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
St Johns in winter.

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
St Johns Church Bedlington Station

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Flickr (flickr)
Miss Easton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.achurchnearyou....
St John, Sleekburn, Bedlington Station
- "This Edwardian church has a lot of beauty inside its plain exterior! Worship is traditional but child-friendly as well, we have a toy corner for the children. The modern language ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES