Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Seaton Valley Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Seaton Valley

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Seaton Valley


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Seaton Valley, Northumberland, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Note
Gloucester Lodge Heavy Anti-Aircraft Battery 1402264 n/a 1941 Scheduled Monument. South of Blyth.
2 Lamps Standards, at Junction with Links Road and 80 Metres to East 1041330 II    
Avenue Farmhouse North 1154828 II    
Barn and Shelter Sheds at Avenue Farm North 1041356 II    
Basin, Slip and Outlet Walls at Seaton Sluice 1303571 II    
Boundary Wall Around Fort House with Attached Structures 1041329  II* 1917 Old Hartley, Seaton Sluice
Bridge over Seaton Burn on Track to Hartley West Farm 1041376 II    
Church of Our Lady 1041317  I 1102 Near Seaton Delaval Hall.
Church of St Mary 1041373 II 1885 Holywell
Church of the Holy Trinity 1371384 II 1849 Seghill. By John & Benjamin Green.
Coach House and Attached Yard Walls to East of Seaton Delaval Hall 1303613 II    
Drinking Fountain West of Holywell Manor House 1371386 II    
Entrance Screen and Piers to Seghill Hall 1371389 II    
Farm Buildings 150 Metres North East of Seaton Delaval Hall 1041325 II    
Farmbuilding at Seaton Village Farm on East of Drive North of Pond 1041318 II    
Farmbuilding at Seaton Village Farm to East of Farmhouse 1371401 II    
Farmbuilding Ranges to North and East of Lookout Farmhouse 1371418 II    
Footbridge on West of Road Bridge over Seaton Burn 1154544 II    
Fort House 1154951  II* 1917 Roberts Battery, Old Hartley, Seaton Sluice
Garden Wall to North of Number 10 1303568 II    
Garden Walls and Gate Piers to South of Holywell Manor House 1303768 II    
Garden Walls at North West Corner of Walled Garden, with Attached Cottage 1041327 II    
Garden Walls to North, East and South of Walled Garden 1041326 II    
Gate Lodge to Seghill Hall 1041337 II    
Gatepiers, Gates and Ha Ha Wall at Entrance to Seaton Delaval Hall 1303616 II    
Ha Ha Wall Around Mausoleum 1041328 II    
Ha Ha Wall to South of the Old Vicarage 1041316 II    
Ha Ha Wall with Angle Bastions and Statues Enclosing Seaton Delaval Hall and Church of Our Lady 1041323 II    
Head Office/Showroom of Delcor Furniture Limited 1041320 II    
Holywell Manor House 1371385 II    
Icehouse 100 Metres North East of Seaton Delaval Hall 1154917 II C18th  
Kings Arms Hotel with Coach House to East 1303574 II C18th Seaton Sluice
Lamp Standard on North of Junction with Albert Road 1041331 II    
Lamp Standard Outside Avenue House 1371402 II    
Lookout Farmhouse with Attached Outbuilding to West 1154820 II    
Mausoleum 500 Metres East of Seaton Delaval Hall 1154937  II* 1766  
Mile Post 150 Metres South of North Moor Farm Entrance 1041372 II    
Milepost 50 Metres North West of Hastings Arms 1041319 II    
North Farmhouse with Adjacent Outbuilding to East 1154520 II    
Obelisk 900 Metres South South West of Seaton Delaval Hall 1154942 II C18th  
Obelisk Base in the Avenue on East of Road to New Hartley 1154843 II C18th Near Seaton Delaval Hall
Orangery in Walled Garden 300 Metres North East of Seaton Delaval Hall 1154932  II* C18th  
Outbuilding 60 Metres South West of Fort House 1303566  II* 1917 Water tank incorporating former ablutions building. Old Hartley, Seaton Sluice
Piers and Gate at Entrance to Drive to Church of Our Lady 1371400 II    
Primrose Cottage 1154998 II C17th Holywell Dene, Seaton Sluice
Privy 80 Metres North East of Seaton Delaval Hall 1041324 II    
Remains of Sluice Gate at West End of the Cut 1371405 II    
Retaining Walls Below Road, to East of King's Arms Hotel 1303542 II    
Seaton Delaval War Memorial 1440163 II 1922 Seaton Delaval
Seaton Sluice and Old Hartley War Memorial 1440107 II 1921 Seaton Sluice
Seghill Hall 1154611 II    
Seghill Vicarage 1154510 II    
Sewer Gas Lamp Outside 21 Hartley Square 1237303 II    
Shelter Shed in Park 50 Metres South of Lookout Farmhouse 1041357 II    
Signpost at Junction with B1326 1154513 II    
Stable and Cartshed 20 Metres East of Avenue Farmhouse North 1154833 II    
Stable Range to East of Holywell Manor House 1041374 II    
Statue of Samson Slaying Philistine in Garden to West of Seaton Delaval Hall 1303582 II C18th  
The Delaval Arms 1371403 II C18th Old Hartley, Seaton Sluice
The Dene Cottage 1041333 II    
Seaton Delaval Hall - The Gardens 1001052  II* C18th A National Trust property
Seaton Delaval Hall - The Hall 1041321  I 1728 A National Trust property
The Octagon 1371404 II C18th Seaton Sluice
The Old Vicarage and Attached Walls 1371399 II    
Turntable Mechanism 20 Metres West of the King's Arms Hotel 1041332 II    
Watch House on Rocky Island 1371406 II 1880 Museum, Seaton Sluice
Yard Walls at Avenue Farm North 1371379 II    
Yard Walls with Attached Outbuildings to West of Seaton Delaval Hall 1041322 II    

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Seaton Delaval Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Seaton Delaval Hall
- Overview History & Architecture Map Street View Seaton Delaval Hall is an 'English Baroque' style country house located between Seaton Sluice and Seaton Delaval in Northumberland. The Hall was designed ...
The Octagon
  Co-Curate Page
The Octagon
- Overview Map Street View The Tower House Gallery (also known as the 'Octagon') in Seaton Sluice was built in the early-to-mid 18th century for use as His Majesty’s Revenue Office and ...
Church of Our Lady
  Co-Curate Page
Church of Our Lady
- Overview Map Street View The Church of Our Lady lies within the grounds of Seaton Delaval Hall, just off The Avenue which runs between Seaton Sluice and Seaton Delaval. The ...
Gloucester Lodge Heavy Anti-Aircraft Battery
  Co-Curate Page
Gloucester Lodge Heavy Anti-Aircraft Battery
- Gloucester Lodge Battery, just south of Blyth, was a Second World War heavy anti-aircraft gun battery and radar site. It is one of only a handful of complete or near ...
War Memorial
  Co-Curate Page
War Memorial
- Overview Map Street View The war memorial for Seaton Sluice and Old Hartley is located on the Green by Collywell Bay Road in Seaton Sluice. It commemorates 23 local servicemen ...
Watch House Museum
  Co-Curate Page
Watch House Museum
- Overview Map Street View The Watch House on Rocky Island in Seaton Sluice was opened on 14th January 1880, built for the Seaton Sluice Volunteer Life-Saving Company which was founded ...
Kings Arms
  Co-Curate Page
Kings Arms
- The Kings Arms is a public house located by the harbour in Seaton Sluice. Originally, the King's Arms Hotel and coach-house was built in the 18th century. The coach-house was ...
War Memorial, Seaton Delaval
  Co-Curate Page
War Memorial, Seaton Delaval
- Overview Map Street View The war memorial in Seaton Delaval was unveiled on the 2nd of September 1922 by Mr. John Charlton, Headmaster of Schools in Seaton Delaval, dedicated by ...
Church of the Holy Trinity, Seghill
  Co-Curate Page
Church of the Holy Trinity, Seghill
- Overview Map Street View Holy Trinity Church is located off Mares Close, to the west of Seghill, and near Seaton Delaval. The church was built in 1849, designed by John ...
Orangery
  Co-Curate Page
Orangery
- Built in the early 18th century the organgery is located in the walled garden of Seaton Delaval Hall. It is a Grade II* listed building.
Icehouse
  Co-Curate Page
Icehouse
-
Obelisk, south-west of Delaval Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Obelisk, south-west of Delaval Hall
-
Statue of Samson Slaying a Philistine
  Co-Curate Page
Statue of Samson Slaying a Philistine
-
Mausoleum
  Co-Curate Page
Mausoleum
-
Church of St Mary, Holywell
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Mary, Holywell
- Overview Map Street View St Mary's Church in Holywell, Northumberland was built in 1885, by W.S. Hicks. The Church is a Grade II listed building.
Delaval Arms
  Co-Curate Page
Delaval Arms
- Overview Map Street View The Delaval Arms is a public house in Old Hartley, located off the main road between Whitley Bay and Seaton Sluice. It was originally built as ...
Gardens and Grounds
  Co-Curate Page
Gardens and Grounds
-
Roberts Battery
  Co-Curate Page
Roberts Battery
- Robert's Battery at Old Hartley was a defensive site dating from the First World War. When a battleship which had been permanently based on the river Tyne was redeployed in ...
Obelisk base, near Delaval Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Obelisk base, near Delaval Hall
- The remains of an obelisk are located near Seaton Delaval Hall, on The Avenue, east of road to New Hartley. The obelisk reputedly marks the spot where Admiral George Delaval ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES