Topics > Northumberland > Seaton Delaval > Delcor Showroom and Head Office

Delcor Showroom and Head Office


The Delcor showroom and head office is located off Double Row in Seaton Delaval. It was built as a house in c.1830 by the mine owner of the nearby colliery. It was later used by the National Coal Board (NCB) as pay offices for the area. The building is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Seaton Delaval Historic Buildings and Monuments in Seaton Valley
from Flickr (flickr)
Showroom-of-Delcor-B-29-September-2015

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Delcor factory, Seaton Delaval

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
HEAD OFFICE/SHOWROOM OF DELCOR FURNITURE LIMITED - Seaton Delaval
- "House, c.1830. Tooled stone front with tooled-and-margined quoins and dressings, other walls rubble; Welsh slate roof. T-plan. South elevation 2 storeys, 5 bays, symmetrical. Plinth, 1st floor band, eaves ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1041320
List grade: 2
County: Northumberland
Grid ref: NZ2985076160

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES