Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Seaton Valley Civil Parish

Seaton Valley Civil Parish


Seaton Valley is a civil parish located in the south-east corner of Northumberland and includes the villages of Holywell, New Hartley, Seaton Delaval, Seaton Sluice (including Old Hartley) and Seghill. The population of Seaton Valley was 15,422, at the time of the 2011 Census. There are over 60 listed buildings in Seaton Valley, including those of Seaton Delaval Hall.

In the distant past, the townships of Hartley, Holywell, Seaton Delaval, Seaton Sluice and Seghill were part of the ancient parish of Earsdon. In 1935 Seaton Valley Urban District was established (having slightly different boundaries to todays Seaton Valley). From the 1st April, 1974 Seaton Valley Urban District, the Borough of Blyth, and some parts of the Borough of Whitley Bay, were merged to form the Blyth Valley local government district. Seaton Valley Council was established on 1st April 2009, following local government reorganisation in Northumberland. 

Civil Parishes in Northumberland Earsdon Parish, 1848 Seaton Sluice, 1848 Seaton Delaval Seaton Delaval, 1848 Seghill, 1848 New Hartley Old Hartley Bates Cottages Seghill Holywell Seaton Sluice Historic Buildings and Monuments in Seaton Valley
from http://seatonvalleycommunit...
Seaton Valley Council
- "....Seaton Valley Council, first came into being on 1st April 2009, following local government review in Northumberland which saw the then six District Councils in Northumberland, and the County Council ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
Seaton Delaval
  Co-Curate Page
Seaton Delaval
- Overview About Seaton Deleval Map Street View   Seaton Delaval is a village in Northumberland, England, with a population of 4,371. It is the largest of the five villages in ...
Holywell
  Co-Curate Page
Holywell
- Overview Map Street View Holywell in Northumberland is a village located South East of Seaton Delaval. The village is situated by Seaton Burn, which flows through Holywell Dean out to ...
Seaton Sluice
  Co-Curate Page
Seaton Sluice
- Overview History Maps Street View Seaton Sluice is a coastal village in Northumberland located between Whitley Bay and Blyth. Seaton Sluice is a village in Northumberland. It lies on the ...
Seghill
  Co-Curate Page
Seghill
- Overview About Seghill Map Street View Seghill is a village near Cramlington in Northumberland situated between Seaton Delaval and Annitsford. Seghill developed as a mining village; Seghill Colliery was opened ...
Old Hartley
  Co-Curate Page
Old Hartley
- Overview About Old Hartley Map Street View   Hartley is a historic village in Northumberland, England. The village lies on the A193 road south of Blyth and 4 miles north ...
New Hartley
  Co-Curate Page
New Hartley
- Overview About New Hartley Map Street View New Hartley is a village in Northumberland, located about half a mile north-east of Seaton Delaval and a mile west of Seaton Sluice. History: coal ...
  Co-Curate Page
Bates Cottages
- Bates Cottages is a suburb in the south-east of Seaton Delaval, to the west of Holywell. Formery a separate village, the name lives on in Bates Cottages Cricket Club.
Seghill, 1848
  Co-Curate Page
Seghill, 1848
- Note the different spelling "Sighill", rather than "Seghill". SIGHILL, an ecclesiastical district or parish, in the parish of Earsdon, union of Tynemouth, E. division of Castle ward, S. division of ...
Seaton Delaval, 1848
  Co-Curate Page
Seaton Delaval, 1848
- SEATON-DELAVAL, a township, in the parish of Earsdon, union of Tynemouth, E. division of Castleward, S. division of Northumberland, 6½ miles (N. by W.) from North Shields; containing 1,568 inhabitants, ...
Seaton Sluice, 1848
  Co-Curate Page
Seaton Sluice, 1848
- SEATON-SLUICE, or Hartley-Pans, a sea-port, in the township of Hartley, parish of Earsdon, union of Tynemouth, E. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland, 6 miles (N.) from North ...
Earsdon Parish, 1848
  Co-Curate Page
Earsdon Parish, 1848
- EARSDON (St. Alban), a parish, in the union of Tynemouth, E. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland; containing 9,429 inhabitants, of whom 683 are in the township of ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES