List number: 1120988
List grade: 2
Post code: DH4 6EU
Grid ref: NZ3093351508

Church of St. Barnabas, Bournmoor


St Barnabas is the parish church of Bournmoor in County Durham, built in 1868. It is a Grade 2 Listed building. The church houses 'The Angel of Victory', a marble sculpture by Waldo Storey made in Rome in 1894, given to the church by the fifth Earl of Durham.

from Geograph (geograph)
St. Barnabas's Church, Burnmoor Parish

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Church of St. Barnabas

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.bournmoorparish....
St Barnabas’ Church, Bournmoor
- Official Website of the Church.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST BARNABAS - Bournmoor - List Entry
- "Parish church. 1867-8 by Johnson and Hicks; north aisle heightened and enlarged 1881-2 by A.C. Hicks; chancel decorated 1888 probably by W.S. Hicks. Polychrome brick (buff with red ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES