DescriptionSeal of the Middlesbrough Exchange Company Limited. The Middlesbrough Exchange Company Limited was established by the Middlesbrough iromasters to encourage the development of trade. This plaque was built into the front wall of the Exchange Building during its construction in 1867/68 to the designs of J. C. Adams of Stockton on Tees. The building was designated Royal Exchange after Prince Arthur's visit in August, 1868. The building was used as offices by Dorman Long and then the British Steel Corporation from 1946 until 1977. The plaque was rescued during the demolition of the building in 1984/5 for the construction of th A66 Middlesbrough by pass.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License
Further informationLink: https://www.flickr.com/photos/83226190@N00/2676108695/
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 589 times
Picture Taken: Unknown