Note the different spelling "Sighill", rather than "Seghill".
SIGHILL, an ecclesiastical district or parish, in the parish of Earsdon, union of Tynemouth, E. division of Castle ward, S. division of Northumberland, 3 miles (W.N.W.) from the village of Earsdon; containing about 4,000 inhabitants, of whom 1672 are in the township of Sighill. The township is on the roads from Newcastle to Bedlington, and from North Shields to Morpeth; and comprises 1,403a. 17p., whereof 1,124 acres are arable, 276 grass-land, and 3 plantation. The soil is in general a strong red and yellow clay, and in some places of a light gravelly quality; it has been much improved by furrow-draining, and now grows good wheat, turnips, &c. At Sighill, East Cramlington, and Seaton-Delaval are extensive collieries, from which the coal is conveyed by tramways. There is also a railway, belonging to the Messrs. Carr, for the conveyance of passengers, extending from the river Tyne, through Sighill, to the town of Blyth. The ecclesiastical district was constituted in May 1846, under the act 6th and 7th Victoria, cap. 37. The erection of a church, in the early English style, was commenced in 1847; it will accommodate 530 persons, and the cost has been estimated at £1,500. The tithes of the township of Sighill have been commuted for £263. 4. 6. There are places of worship for Methodists and Presbyterians.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.