from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
006269:A view of Newcastle upon Tyne Carmichael J.W. Collard W. 1841

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
011909:Grainger Market (Green Market section) Newcastle upon Tyne Unknown 1841

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
010071:Sunderland 1841

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Church of St.Thomas of Canterbury
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St.Thomas of Canterbury
- Overview Map St Thomas of Canterbury Church in Longhorseley was built in 1841. Before then the Roman Catholic parish was served by a chapel in Horsley Tower, which is located ...
Church of St Thomas, Harelaw
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Thomas, Harelaw
- Overview Map Street View St. Thomas' Church is located on North Road, Harelaw, Annfield Plain. The church, by G. Jackson, was built in 1841 at a time when the population ...
Church of the Holy Trinity, Wingate
  Co-Curate Page
Church of the Holy Trinity, Wingate
- Overview Map Street View The Holy Trinity is the parish church of Wingate, County Durham. It was built 1840-1841 by George Jackson of Durham. The church is Grade II listed ...
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
A plan of Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead, 1841

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Lighthouse, Coquet Island
  Co-Curate Page
Lighthouse, Coquet Island
- Overview Map The lighthouse on Coquet Island in Northumberland was built in 1841 by Trinity House. The lighthouse complex includes a lighthouse-keeper's cottage which was built into the ruins of ...
Church of the Holy Saviour
  Co-Curate Page
Church of the Holy Saviour
- Overview Map Street View Holy Saviour's Church on The Broadway/Crossway in Tynemouth was built 1839 to 1841 by John Green and Benjamin Green for the Duke of Northumberland. The parish ...
Beaufront Castle
  Co-Curate Page
Beaufront Castle
- Overview About Beaufront Castle Map Aerial View Beaufront Castle is an extensive privately owned country house, located about a mile and a half north-east of Hexham, situated between the villages ...
Church of St Mary and St Wilfred
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Mary and St Wilfred
Church of the Holy Trinity, Rosley
  Co-Curate Page
Church of the Holy Trinity, Rosley
- Overview Map Street View Holy Trinity Church is located in Carwath, Rosley. It was originally built between 1839 and 1841 as a chapel of ease to St Hilda's Church, Western. In 1868, ...
Church of St John the Baptist, Elton
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St John the Baptist, Elton
- Overview Map Street View There has been a church in Elton since the 12th century. The current St John the Baptist Church was rebuilt by the Rev. Albany Wade in 1841 ...
Garsdale Street Chapel
  Co-Curate Page
Garsdale Street Chapel
- Overview Map Street View This Methodist chapel is located on Hawes Road (A684) in Garsdale (the settlement along the road is known as 'The Street'). It was built in 1841 as a ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES