Topics > Cumbria > Garsdale ('The Street') > Garsdale Street Chapel

Garsdale Street Chapel


This Methodist chapel is located on Hawes Road (A684) in Garsdale (the settlement along the road is known as 'The Street'). It was built in 1841 as a Primitive Methodist chapel. The building is Grade II listed building on the National Heritage List for England.

Garsdale ('The Street') Churches and Cathedrals Methodism 1841 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Garsdale Civil Parish
from Geograph (geograph)
Street Chapel, Garsdale

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Garsdale Street Chapel

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Street Chapel, Garsdale

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
A684 at Street Chapel, Garsdale

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
GARSDALE STREET CHAPEL - List Entry
- "Primitive Methodist chapel. Dated 1841. Coursed sandstone rubble with quoins, stone slate roof. Rectangular single cell building parallel to road. Plain style. Single storey, 2 windows, symmetrical: a square-headed doorway ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://www.myprimitivemeth...
Garsdale Street Primitive Methodist Chapel
- "....This chapel sits on the main A684 and attached to it are 3 cottages. It is open for worship most weeks. It is thought that two stone mason brothers built ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1384025
List grade: 2
County: Cumbria
Grid ref: SD7479989607

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES