List number: 1240951
List grade: 2
Keys to the Past HER: D35751
Post code: DH9 9BB
Grid ref: NZ1617452598

Church of St Thomas, Harelaw


St. Thomas' Church is located on North Road, Harelaw, Annfield Plain. The church, by G. Jackson, was built in 1841 at a time when the population of Annfield Plain was expanding in association with the growth of coal mining.  The church is a Grade II listed building.

A good view of the trees at least!

from Geograph (geograph)
Church of St Thomas at Harelaw

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.st-thomaschurch....
St Thomas' Harelaw and Annfield Plain Church
- Official Website of the church.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST THOMAS - Annfield Plain - List Entry
- "Parish church. 1840 by G. Jackson. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar plinth and dressings; Welsh slate roof with stone gable copings. Nave with south porch; chancel with north organ chamber ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
St. Thomas' Church, North Road, Harelaw (Annfield Plain)
- "St Thomas' church was built in 1841 by G. Jackson. It features a nave with a south porch, and a chancel with north organ chamber and vestry. It is designed ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES