Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > Stamfordham Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Stamfordham Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Stamfordham Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Stamfordham Civil Parish, Northumberland, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
1 and 2 Lane House Cottages, Bridge End 1042679 II    
1, North Side 1042704 II    
19 and 20, North Side 1370764 II    
2, North Side 1178870 II    
21, North Side 1042665 II    
23, North Side 1042667 II    
33, North Side 1042669 II    
8 Headstones 5-15 Yards South-East of Church of St Mary 1302108 II    
9 Headstones 5-10 Yards East of Church of St Mary 1042674 II    
Bank House 1042668 II    
Boswell, Dimin and One Other Tomb Approximately 5 Yards South of Church of St Mary 1042673 II    
Broomy Hill Farmhouse and Attached Garden Walls 1042697 II    
Cheeseburn Grange 1370742  II* 1813 By John Dobson
Church House 1370768 II    
Church of St Mary 1370769  I Saxon Extensively restored in 1847 
Church of the Holy Trinity 1042698 II 1836 Dalton. By John Green.
Conduithead 1370745 II    
Cross House 1370765 II    
Dalton House 1302275 II    
Dovecote and Pigsties Approximately 50 Yards North of Cheeseburn Grange 1042694 II    
Eachwick Hall 1302251  II* C18th Eachwick
Eachwick House 1370744 II    
Farmbuildings to North of Heatherslaw Farmhouse 1042677 II    
Garden House 1042675 II    
Garden Wall and Summerhouse Approximately 100 Yards North of Cheeseburn Grange 1178718 II    
Garden Walls and Gatepiers South of Hawkwell House 1179169 II    
Garden Walls Railings and Gate in Front of Number 22 1042666 II    
Gates, Gatepiers and Screen Walls Approximately 100 Yards South-West of Eachwick Hall 1042701 II    
Gateway Approximately 200 Yards West of Cheeseburn Grange 1042696 II    
Gingang and Barn East of Eachwick House 1042702 II    
Grange House Farmhouse 1042703 II    
Green, Brown, Bates and Twizell Headstones Approximately 5 Yards South of Church of St Mary 1302101 II    
Hawkwell Farmhouse 1302082 II    
Hawkwell House 1370732  II* 1679 Hawkwell.
Heatherslaw Farmhouse and Attatched Garden Shed 1302069 II    
Heugh House 1302043 II    
Heugh Mill Bridge 1042678 II    
Hill House 1370766 II    
Keel, Fothergill, Smith and Collingwood Headstones Approximately 1 Foot South of Church of St Mary 1179063 II    
Kennels Cottage 1042680 II    
Lane House 1302050 II    
Low Cross House 1302178 II    
Mainsbank Farmhouse 1179271 II    
Medburn Bridge 1302236 II    
Railings and Wall Approximately 30 Yards East of Eachwick Hall 1042700 II    
Rose Cottage 1302270 II    
Rutherford and Brown Headstones Approximately 5 Yards South of Church of St Mary 1370731 II    
Scott, Harrison, Carwick and 3 Other Headstones Against West Wall of Church of St Mary 1042672 II    
Stable and Carriage House Approximately 30 Yards North of Eachwick Hall 1302257 II    
Stable Approximately 20 Yards East of Number 7 1042676 II    
Stable Cottage 1302318 II    
Store House 1042670 II    
Sundial in Walled Garden at Cheeseburn Grange 1370743 II    
Swinburne Arms 1370767 II C18th Stamfordham
Terrace Wall and Railings 2 Yards South of Eachwick House 1302261 II    
The Bay Horse 1178973 II C18th Former inn. Closed 2015.
The Butter Cross 1178857 II 1735 Stamfordham, village green.
The Croft 1178958 II    
The Old Chapel 1042663 II    
The Old Manse 1042664 II    
The Old Schoolhouse 1042699 II    
The Old Vicarage 1302131 II    
Village Lock-Up 1178865 II c.1838 Stamfordham, village green.
Wall and Gateway North of Church of the Holy Trinity 1302282 II    
Walled Garden Approximately 150 Yards North of Cheeseburn Grange 1042695 II    
Wellhead Approximately 150 Yards North of Cheeseburn Grange 1178739 II    
Widdrington House 1042671 II    
Market cross 1006576 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Shrunken medieval village, The Heugh 1006428 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Hadrian's Wall from Oatens Bank, Harlow Hill, to Whittle Dene Watercourse in wall mile 16 1010620 n/a   Scheduled Monument
The vallum between Oatens Bank, Harlow Hill, and Whittle Dene Watercourse in wall mile 16 1010621 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Hadrian's Wall and vallum between the March Burn and Oatens Bank, Harlow Hill in wall miles 13,14 and 15 1010618 n/a   Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Swinburne Arms
  Co-Curate Page
Swinburne Arms
- Overview Map Street View The Swinburne Arms is a public house located on North Side in Stamfordham, Northumberland. It was built as an inn in the mid 18th Century and ...
Church of St Mary the Virgin
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Mary the Virgin
- Overview Map Street View The Church of St Mary the Virgin in Stamfordham was extensively restored in 1847 by Benjamin Ferrey. Stone from the existing ancient church were reused in ...
Cheeseburn Grange
  Co-Curate Page
Cheeseburn Grange
- Overview Map Street View CHEESEBURN-GRANGE, a township, in the parish of Stamfordham, union of Castle ward, N.E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 12 miles (N.W. by W.) ...
Eachwick Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Eachwick Hall
Market Cross
  Co-Curate Page
Market Cross
- Overview Map Street View The Market Cross (aka "Butter Cross") is located on the western side of the village green in Stamfordham. It is a small square, single-storey building, with ...
Old Jail
  Co-Curate Page
Old Jail
- Overview Map Street View The old village lock-up on the village green in Stamfordham was built in the early 19th century, incorporating the core of an earlier building. It is a ...
Church of The Holy Trinity, Dalton, Ponteland
  Co-Curate Page
Church of The Holy Trinity, Dalton, Ponteland
Former Bay Horse Inn
  Co-Curate Page
Former Bay Horse Inn
- Overview Map Street View The Bay Horse on South Side, by the village green in Stamfordham, is a former public house, which closed in c.2015. The inn built in the 18th ...
Hawkwell House
  Co-Curate Page
Hawkwell House

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES