Swinburne Arms, Stamfordham
The Swinburne Arms is a public house located on North Side in Stamfordham, Northumberland. It was built as an inn in the mid 18th Century and is a Grade II listed building. It takes it's name from the Swinburne family who have a long association with the area since Sir William Swinburne purchased lands in Stamfordham in 1399. In 1736 the village Market Cross was erected by Sir John Swinburne of Capheaton Hall.