St. Thomas' Church, North Road, Harelaw (Annfield Plain)

  • Description

    "St Thomas' church was built in 1841 by G. Jackson. It features a nave with a south porch, and a chancel with north organ chamber and vestry. It is designed in an early English style. Inside the church there is an octagonal stone font with a pierced ogee cover which was a gift of Dr A. Thorp of Durham. There is a black and white marble monument dedicated to Thomas and Mary Fenwich who died in 1850 and 1856 respectively...."
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past (Durham & Northumbria County Councils)
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Detailsx?PRN=D35751
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 366 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES