from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
028742:S.S. Q.E.D. 1844

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
002061:Mr T.C. Thompson Durham Unknown Undated

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Penshaw Monument
  Co-Curate Page
Penshaw Monument
- Overview History and Further Details Map Street View The Earl of Durham's Monument, better known as the Penshaw Monument, was built in 1844 on Penshaw Hill. The folly is a ...
from Flickr (flickr)
Penshaw Monument

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
St Mary's Cathedral
  Co-Curate Page
St Mary's Cathedral
- Overview About St Mary's Cathedral Map Street View "The [Roman Catholic] church was built in the 1840s to a neo-Gothic design by architect August Welby Pugin, famous for his work ...
Haswell Colliery Engine House
  Co-Curate Page
Haswell Colliery Engine House
- Overview Map Street View The Engine House is all that remains of Haswell Colliery, and is located just east of Haswell Plough and south of Haswell in County Durham. It ...
Roddymoor Colliery (1844 - 1963)
  Co-Curate Page
Roddymoor Colliery (1844 - 1963)
- The first pit of Roddymoor Colliery was sunk in 1844, near Roddymoor, to the north of Crook in County Durham. It was also known as 'Pease's West Colliery' (in the ...
Old Railway Station, Gilesgate
  Co-Curate Page
Old Railway Station, Gilesgate
- Overview Map Street View The Travelodge hotel and Sambuca restaurant on Station Lane, Gilesgate, was the former railway station for Durham. The station was built in 1844 by G.T. Andrews ...
Church of St Paul the Apostle, Hunwick
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Paul the Apostle, Hunwick
- Overview Map Street View The Church of St Paul the Apostle is located on Church Lane, by the junction with Station Road in  Hunwick. The church was built in 1844, ...
Church of St. Cuthbert
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St. Cuthbert
- Overview Map Street View  
Memorial Hall, Stainton
  Co-Curate Page
Memorial Hall, Stainton
- Overview Map Street View Memorial Hall is located on Meldyke Place in Stainton, Middlesbrough. The building has an interesting history; it was originally built in 1844 as a national school. ...
from Flickr (flickr)
Grammar School, Newcastle, during it's removal, 1844.

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Church of the Holy Trinity, Horsley
  Co-Curate Page
Church of the Holy Trinity, Horsley
- Overview Map Street View Holy Trinity Church in Horsley, is located off the A68 road, just over ½ mile south-east of the village of Rochester in Northumberland. The church was ...
Bell Brothers Ltd
  Co-Curate Page
Bell Brothers Ltd
- Bell Brothers was established in 1844 and became a limited company on the 27th of November 1873. In 1923, Bell Brothers was fully amalgamated with, and became part of Dorman ...
East Tanfield Colliery (1844 - 1965)
  Co-Curate Page
East Tanfield Colliery (1844 - 1965)
- East Tanfield Colliery near Tantobie in County Durham was opened in 1844. In the 19th century it was owned by James Joicey co. which also owned Tanfield Lea and Tanfield Moor collieries. ...
Crosby-on-Eden CE Primary School
  Co-Curate Page
Crosby-on-Eden CE Primary School
- Overview Map Street View Crosby-on-Eden CE Primary School is located in Low Crosby and has about 100 pupils aged  3 to 11. The school became an academy in 2012. The school ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES