1843


< 1842 | 1843 | 1844 >

In Northern England:

  • 5th April 1843: explosion at Stormont Main Colliery, Wrekenton, killed 27 men and boys.
  • 10th October 1843: death of John Buddle, the famous North East mining engineer.
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
022391:Forth Tavern Unknown 1843

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
011094:The Yellow Doors Tavern the Close Unknown 1843

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
010067:Street Pit Team Colliery Gateshead Hair J.H. and Brown J. 1843

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
014341:Yellow Doors Tavern the Close Unknown 1843

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
061443:Blackfriars Friary Newcastle upon Tyne Maybury Malcolm 1995

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Queen Victoria Monument

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Falstone Bridge near Falstone

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.gracesguide.co.u...
William Hedley
- "William Hedley (July 13, 1779 – January 9, 1843), a colliery viewer and lessee, was one of the leading industrial engineers of the early 19th century, and was instrumental in several ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://commons.wikimedia.o...
John Wilson Carmichael A View of Murton Colliery near Seaham, County Durham, 1843
- "This is a faithful photographic reproduction of a two-dimensional, public domain work of art. The work of art itself is in the public domain for the following reason: Public domain ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St. Peter, Newcastle
- St. Peter's was a gothic style church, designed by John Dobson, on&nbsp;Oxford Street and New Bridge Street&nbsp;in Newcastle. The church was built from 1840 to 1843. It was later given ...
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Peter, Scremerston
- Overview Map Street View &nbsp;
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St John the Evangelist, Ingleton
- Overview Map Street View Church of St John the Evangelist is the parish church in Ingleton, County Durham. It was built in 1843 by Ignatius Bonomi and J.A. Cory. The ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES