West Duddo is a hamlet in Northumberland, located about 2 miles east of the village of Stannington. It is situated near Duddo Burn. One of the houses here incorporates a former gin-gang. Some of the land of West Duddo Farm was sold in 1909, at £31 per acre, to build Gateshead Borough Lunatic Asylum (now the site of St Mary's Park). Historically, Duddo (East, Middle and West), together with Whinney Hill, formed a township in the ancient parish of Stannington. Today, West Duddo is part of Stannington Civil Parish.