Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Greystoke Civil Parish > Greystoke Parish, 1848 > Hutton John Township

Hutton John Township


Hutton John was a township in the ancient parish of Greystoke in Cumberland. In 1934, Hutton John was combined with Hutton Soil to form Hutton Civil Parish.[1] The estate and former manor house of Hutton John still exist.

HUTTON-JOHN, a township, in the parish of Greystock, union of Penrith, Leath ward, E. division of the county of Cumberland, 6 miles (W.S.W.) from Penrith; containing 25 inhabitants. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £9.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Greystoke Parish, 1848 Hutton John
Hutton John
  Co-Curate Page
Hutton John
- Overview Map Street View Hutton John is a large fortified manor house, located near the hamlet of Hutton, about 5 miles south-west of Penrith in Cumbria. The manor house was ...
from https://www.cumbriacountyhi...
Hutton John
- "Township in Greystoke parish, Leath ward, Cumberland. Combined with Hutton Soil to form Hutton CP 1934. Acreage: 690 acres [279 ha], including detached portion of 133 acres [54 ha] at ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES