Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Hutton Civil Parish

Hutton Civil Parish


Hutton is a civil parish in the Eden district of Cumbria, located to the west of Penrith. Within the parish is the village of Penruddock and several hamlets, including Beckces, Highgate, Hutton, Hutton John, Kirkbarrow, Springfield, Stoddah, Troutbeck and Whitbarrow. The civil parish of Hutton was formed in 1934 from the merger of the parishes of Hutton John and Hutton Soil.

Hutton is a small civil parish about 6 miles (9.7 km) west of Penrith in the English county of Cumbria. The parish contains the small mansion and former pele tower of Hutton John, the seat of the Hudleston family.

At the UK census 2011 the parish had a population of 438.

The parish of Hutton was created in 1934 from the merger of Hutton John and Hutton Soil parishes, both of which were formerly part of the original ecclesiastical and civil parish of Greystoke. The parish also includes the larger village of Penruddock and the hamlets of Troutbeck and Beckces. Whitbarrow holiday village is also within the parish. Administratively, Hutton forms part of Eden District. It has a parish council, the lowest tier of local government.

Listed buildings

There are 13 listed buildings in the parish. Hutton John, mentioned above, is Grade I and the remainder are Grade II.

Text from Wikipedia, available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License (accessed: 17/03/2019).
Visit the page: Hutton, Cumbria for references and further details. You can contribute to this article on Wikipedia.
Civil Parishes in Cumbria Hutton John Hutton Penruddock
Penruddock
  Co-Curate Page
Penruddock
- Overview About Penruddock Map Street View   Penruddock is a small village in Cumbria, England, a few miles to the west of Penrith. It forms part of the civil parish ...
Hutton
  Co-Curate Page
Hutton
- Overview Map Street View Hutton is a hamlet in Cumbria, located about 5 miles south-west of Penrith and just over half a mile south of the village of Penruddock. It is ...
Hutton John
  Co-Curate Page
Hutton John
- Overview Map Street View Hutton John is a large fortified manor house, located near the hamlet of Hutton, about 5 miles south-west of Penrith in Cumbria. The manor house was ...
from https://www.cumbriacountyhi...
Hutton John
- "Township in Greystoke parish, Leath ward, Cumberland. Combined with Hutton Soil to form Hutton CP 1934. Acreage: 690 acres [279 ha], including detached portion of 133 acres [54 ha] at ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://www.cumbriacountyhi...
Hutton Soil
- "Township in Greystoke parish, Leath ward, Cumberland, which included villages of Penruddock and Troutbeck. Combined with Hutton John to form Hutton CP 1934. Acreage: 4,349 acres [1,760 ha ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.huttonparishcoun...
Hutton Parish Council
- "Hutton Parish, formerly the Township of Hutton Soil, is situated on the northern boundary of the Lake District National Park. The parish is centred on Penruddock Village and includes the ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Penruddock: Highgate Farm Guesthouse, 1991

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Highgate Farm

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Kirkbarrow

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES