Hutton Soil

  • Description

    "Township in Greystoke parish, Leath ward, Cumberland, which included villages of Penruddock and Troutbeck. Combined with Hutton John to form Hutton CP 1934. Acreage: 4,349 acres [1,760 ha] before acquiring 133-acre [54-ha] detached portion of Hutton John CP at Lacet, 1884. Common land totalling c.3,500 acres [1,416 ha], and open field in Penruddock, enclosed 1817. Population: rising from 233 in 1801 to peak of 415 in 1871; then falling back to stand at 346 in 1931...."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/hutton-soil
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 374 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES