Harraby is an area of Carlisle located on the eastern side of the River Petteril, about 1 mile south-east of the city centre. It was previously a separate village before the expansion of Carlisle. Harraby itself grew substantially with a major expansion of housing from 1948 to 1955 and development of industrial estates in the later 20th century. Harraby Bridge carries London Road over the Petteril; Harraby War Memorial is located by the bridge.
HARRABY, a township, in the parish of St. Cuthbert, Carlisle, Cumberland ward, union of Carlisle, E. division of Cumberland, 1¾ mile (S.E.) from the city of Carlisle; containing 55 inhabitants. It is on the road to Penrith.