Greenhaugh is village in Northumberland located in upper North Tynedale, about 4 miles north west of Bellingham. The village is situated by Tarset Burn, a tributary of the River North Tyne. Greenhaugh was first mentioned in records in 1326 as a shieling. There are a number of defensive bastles nearby, as the vally was frequently raided by Border Reivers during medieval times. Greenhaugh is part of the civil parish of Tarset and Greystead, which includes Lanehead, Greenhaugh, Greystead and Thorneyburn.