Danby House and Blacksmith’s Forge
Danby House at 321 Acklam Road, is a former small holding and part of the former village of Acklam, before it became part of Middlesbrough. It was probably linked with the Acklam Hall estate. The house was home to the village blacksmith and his family (the last blacksmith being Mr Sparks, in the 1930s). The outbuildings to the house include former stables and a cart shed, with "1878" in the gable brick work. The former forge (adjacent to the house) is constructed of handmade red bricks and though to be about a century older than the rest of the buildings.