Topics > County Durham > St John's Chapel > Church of St John the Baptist, St John's Chapel

Church of St John the Baptist, St John's Chapel


The Church of St John the Baptist in the village of St John's Chapel, County Durham, is a Grade II listed building. The church was rebuilt in 1752 on the site of an earlier Medieval church.

St John's Chapel Grade II Listed Churches and Cathedrals Historic Buildings and Monuments in Stanhope Civil Parish 1752
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of St John the Baptist, St John's Chapel

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
St John's Chapel: War Memorial (County Durham)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Chapel at St John's Chapel

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST - St John's Chapel - List Entry
- "Parish church. 1752, on site of medieval chapel; chancel extended 1881-3 by Ewan Christian. Varied stone rubble with ashlar dressings;ashlar west front and tower; chamfered plinth, and quoins. Roof ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1232171
List grade: 2
County: County Durham
Keys to the Past HER: D2262
Grid ref: NY8855337937

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES