CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST - St John's Chapel - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1752, on site of medieval chapel; chancel extended 1881-3 by Ewan Christian. Varied stone rubble with ashlar dressings;ashlar west front and tower; chamfered plinth, and quoins. Roof of graduated Lakeland slates with stone gable copings. West tower; galleried nave; chancel with north vestry. 3-stage tower, the first stage quoined and the third with angle pilasters, has 6-panelled double west door, and fanlight with radial glazing bar..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1232171
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 273 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES