Willington Mill is situated by Willington Gut and located on Gut Road, off Ropery Lane.
Constructed around 1805, this is a four-storey brick-built corn mill with a curved roof, which was originally seven storeys. Willington Mill was one of the first steam-powered mills in Europe. It is understood that many Victorians regarded it as the most haunted building in the North of the Country. This is the only remaining building of age in the area and has a lot of local sentiment. (North Tyneside Local List, 2018)