The old mill at Willington Quay

  • Description

    "This is located on the banks of Willington Gut, beside the present Bridon ropeworks. Originally built around 1750, it was of 7 storeys, as shown on an old photo dated 1893. Since then however, it has been cut down to 4 storeys and a curved roof put on." Photo by Robert Graham, 2020.
  • Owner

    Robert Graham
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 204 times
    Picture Taken: 2020-03-09
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.