Whitburn Methodist Church


Whitburn Methodist Church is located on North Guards in Whitburn. It was built in 1881 to replace an earlier Wesleyan Chapel of 1812.[1] A tapered octagonal tower links the church to the adjacent minister's house. The church is part of the Sunderland Methodist Circuit.

from Geograph (geograph)
Whitburn Methodist Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Whitburn Methodist Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.twsitelines.info...
Tyne and Wear HER(9494): Whitburn, North Guards, Methodist Church
- "Built in 1881 to replace the original Wesleyan Chapel of 1812. John Wesley visited Sunderland and Cleadon in the mid 18th century and methodism increased in popularity with meetings held ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://www.sunderlandmetho...
Whitburn Methodist Church
- Information about the church, which is part of the Sunderland Methodist Circuit.

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES