Tyne and Wear HER(9494): Whitburn, North Guards, Methodist Church

  • Description

    "Built in 1881 to replace the original Wesleyan Chapel of 1812. John Wesley visited Sunderland and Cleadon in the mid 18th century and methodism increased in popularity with meetings held in houses until the first chapel was built. The church is in small pleasant well-kept grounds enclosed by a low stone wall with cast iron railings. The building has a simple form and Arts & Crafts influence...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/9494
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 275 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES