Topics > County Durham > Tudhoe > Tudhoe Methodist Church

Tudhoe Methodist Church


Tudhoe Methodist Church is located on Front Street, Tudhoe. It was built in c.1870 by local miners, originally a Primitive Methodist chapel, with a rear schoolroom. The church is a Grade II listed building.

Tudhoe 1870 Churches and Cathedrals Methodism Historic Buildings and Monuments in Spennymoor (town)
from Geograph (geograph)
Tudhoe Methodist Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Tudhoe Methodist Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.westdurhammethod...
West Durham Methodist Circuit
- "....The West Durham Methodist Circuit is situated in the west of County Durham, a traditional Methodist heartland in the North East of England. Geographically, it covers a 'banana shaped' area ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
TUDHOE METHODIST CHURCH - List Entry
- "Primitive Methodist chapel, now Methodist chapel, with rear schoolroom. 1870 by the miners of Tudhoe Colliery. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar dressings, plinth and quoins; rear and part of left ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1322853
List grade: 2
County: County Durham
Post code: DL16 6TH
Grid ref: NZ2663435588

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES